SEO Best Practice to Attract More Clients for Your Accounting Firm
Table of Contents
What is SEO? Why do you need SEO for Accounting Firm?
Before you run a wave of questions about why your accounting firm needs search engine ranking? Let us explain to you why.
Your business may be running at a good pace – managing clients, receiving new customers, and making happy clients. But have you explored your full potential yet? If we compare the immense efforts you are putting in and the result you are getting, our answer is no, you haven’t. We advise you not to settle for less and to unleash your full potential now by grabbing more clients.
Your potential customers are out there, actively searching for your excellent services online. But guess what? They cannot find you. Hence, they are choosing the services that they can locate online, services that are there on the top result of search engines.
This is where you are missing a chance to grab new clients. A chance to expand your business.
The prime motive of SEO (search engine optimization) is to uplift your search engine ranking on search result pages. Webpages that appear on the first page of search engine results are considered to be more credible. Hence, if you are not on a digital platform and not appearing on the first page of the Search engine result pages, you are missing a huge opportunity to have new customers. Even with excellent services of taxes management, bookkeeping, account management, business advisory, and many more, you lose a bit of credibility when the customer can’t see your presence online.
This blog shares details about how your site can appear in the top results and attract more clients.
Build an Attractive Website
Your website is an online office of yours to interact with the customers. The journey on the world wide web starts with website building.
Let’s discuss: What do you notice when you visit a website? Homepage, right? The homepage is the face of your website. It is the center page that navigates you to all other parts of the website.
- The logo and motto.
- Description of the services the business offers, with a clear message of what your business does.
- Your business’s complete information: name, address, phone number, and social media account links.
- Accounting business working hours and days.
- Testimonials from previous clients.
- Links to essential pages of the website, such as the contact page, pages for each service you provide, blogs, etc.
- Provides easy navigation for your website. Prospects can easily find the service page they are seeking.
- Design every page with the same style and flow of content.
The designing of the website is one other crucial aspect.
In a highly competitive environment, designing an appealing website is essential. The following things can make your website attractive:-
- Build or choose a theme that aligns with your accountant’s business.
- Make the website visually pleasing.
- Choose the correct choice of colors.
- Choose the correct choice of fonts.
- Pay attention to content layout.
Other than these, the content you add to your website is essential for attracting more clients. The content helps in multiple ways:
- It conveys, it talks, and it states your customers about your services.
- Content helps you in optimizing your site through SEO (we will discuss it further in the blog).
- Content helps in conversion.
Keep in mind to hire an agency that specializes in content and copywriting. Why? Because you cannot display your work on the website. But you can inform them about it. For this task, experts in SEO, content, and copywriting are required. The approach helps in gaining a boost in conversion.
Swipe Away the Technical Issues of a Website:
The technical smoothness of a website determines your reputation with search engines. Also known as technical SEO, this area encompasses the technical aspects of a website. Here are the actions you perform for technical SEO.
1. Check the website speed
The average time your customer can wait for your site to load is 3 seconds. Any more than this can cost you a client. Search engines consider fast speed a positive point. High speed helps you achieve a high ranking. Here are some things you can do to avoid slow website speed:
- Compress the media without losing quality.
- Add only the important plugins. Extra plugins can slow down a website.
2. Mobile Responsiveness
3. Create a Well-Structured Website:
4. Broken Link Repairing
For this, we suggest hiring a website design and development agency that can take on the responsibility of designing and developing your website with its expertise.
Blog Posting and Content Marketing as SEO for Accounting Firms
Content marketing for accounting firms refers to creating content that engages new customers. It also helps you rank higher on search engines. Create content that is original, concise, engaging, unique, and of great quality. The content helps your accounting business impart the knowledge you persist.
Your absolutely amazing content is of little use if the user cannot or doesn’t want to read it. Keyword research is a mandatory task to drop your content to needy readers.
Keywords are the phrases or words that users type into a search engine. Keyword research identifies these phrases. Adding these keywords to your content helps search engines recognize the topic of your content. Adding keywords insensibly is an act of Black Hat SEO, which can cause your website to receive a lower ranking. Add the keywords naturally. For an SEO expert, it is not a difficult task.
You can add more keywords by adding more exciting information to your content. Long blogs give you more space to add keywords. The quality of content should not be lost while adding the content.
Many well-known keyword tools assist you in recognizing keywords for your content. Moreover, these keywords aid in optimizing website URLs, media, meta tags, and title tags.
The keywords depend on the content you are writing. Your blogs alone can create over 5% conversions. The blogs are the pipeline to impart your knowledge to potential customers. As an accounting firm, you provide many services, like:
- Financial Statement Proposals
- Payroll services
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits and Assurance
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial Analysis
- Business Advisory Service
- Compilation Services
- Those services have many folds.
All these services have many layers that you can uncover through blogs. You can create blog posts on specific topics to address your customers’ doubts. Here are some illustrative accounting blog topics for your accounting company:
- The Importance of Professional Accounting Services for Small Businesses
- Choosing the Right Accounting Services: Factors to Consider
- How Outsourced Accounting Services Can Benefit Your Business
- Tax Planning Strategies to Minimize Business Tax Liabilities
- Top Financial Metrics Every Business Owner Should Monitor
- Understanding the Role of Auditing in Ensuring Financial Transparency
- A Beginner’s Guide to Bookkeeping for Entrepreneurs
- Why Startups Need Accounting Services from Day One
- Navigating the Complexities of International Taxation: Tips for Businesses
Many other topics are also there and can be created to satisfy the need of customers.
Google Business Profile and Bing Places:
Google and Bing both provide business tools to reach the local audience and appear in local searches. Both are essential elements of local SEO for accounting companies. The major difference is that if you create a Google Business Profile, your accounting business will appear on Google, whereas Bing displays the account on Bing.
Read the blog to understand the advantages and disadvantages of Google and Bing relative to each other. This can help you decide which search engine is best for your accounting business profile.
Here are the activities that occur in the business profile and what you can do to optimize them:
Business Listings Management: You provide your business’s complete, accurate, and updated information. This helps customers reach you. The information includes the name, address, phone number, website, and operating hours.
Map Integration: Both platforms display business locations on maps, making it easier for users to find businesses in their local area.
Customer Reviews: Both platforms give customers a chance to provide feedback on your services. To optimize these reviews:
- Encourage reviews by asking your clients to leave feedback on these platforms.
- Reply to reviews, whether they are negative or positive.
- Include relevant keywords in your replies.
- Maintain a professional tone to increase engagement in the review section.
Reviews are important for building the reliability of your accounting services. People are more inclined towards tried and tested products and services. If they hear good things not from you but from your past customers, they are more likely to sign up for your business.
Photos and Videos: Uploading pictures and videos to the business profile increases the credibility of a business. Showcase events organized or celebrated by the business.