5 Key Copywriting Strategies for Bottom of the Funnel Marketing for 2023
Table of Contents
What is Copywriting- An Introduction
Copywriting is content written to persuade people to follow a favorable call to action. By researching the buying stage of the consumer, one can make an effective impression to convince the reader to make a purchase.
There are two kinds of Copywriting:-
- Quick Growth Copywriting- It is done for buyers at the bottom of the funnel (BOFU), consumers who are active in the market and willing to make a purchase. They analyze every aspect of the product, every deal, and price.
- For long-term brand growth- It is done to spread the awareness of the product to the buyers who are at the top of the funnel (TOFU). They are the people who are unaware of the benefits of the product. The goal of this type of copywriting is to drag these consumers to the bottom of the funnel.
There are multiple common strategies of Copywriting, such as:
- Know your audience
- Write a compelling headline
- Focus on benefits, not features
- Use a conversational tone
- Use clear and concise language
- Include social proof
- Create a sense of urgency
- Use clear and strong calls to action.
Other than these, some minute yet effective strategies help your product to outshine other products for the consumers who are at the bottom of the funnel. This blog aims to give you some tips for quick growth copywriting.
1.Write with Enthusiasm:
People at the bottom of the funnel are instinctive and excited about the purchase they intend to make. Dull copywriting can take their excitement away. The content you are writing should be full of enthusiasm. The act would accelerate the eagerness of the buyer, and they are more likely to add the product to their cart.
- Put your emotions in your content. It works as a mirror effect. The way you write is the same way readers read. Show that you are excited about the product and believe this is the best option users can have.
- Don’t be afraid to inject your personality into your writing. Your enthusiasm and passion for your topic will shine if you write in your own voice and personality.
- Use descriptive language to paint a picture in the reader’s mind. Adjectives help in broadening the image of the product. Undoubtedly ‘a car’ and ‘one rapid red car’ has different effects.
- Put on a positive attitude to convey your enthusiasm. Use the benefits of the product and the solution your product provides.
2.Short and Punchy Sentences:
The buyer has decided to try the product. Of course, they are not ready for any story you are telling or any other irrelevant information you are providing. They want crispy and crystal-clear details on the product. Ensure that you provide them with these.
- Short and Punchy sentences create a sense of urgency and excitement. With the correct use of words, a short sentence can leave a major impact.
- Long sentences can lead to boredom, distract the reader from the main topic, and create confusion. While short sentences increase the readability of content, making it easier to understand for people with reading difficulties.
- You need to be concise when copywriting. Avoid including irrelevant information, as this can compromise the clarity and emphasis of your message.
3. Mentioning Famous Names for Authentication
Mentioning famous names in your content brings credibility to your content.
- Ensure that any famous name you mention is relevant to your content, and not just dropped in for the sake of it. Only use names that add value to your writing.
- Use the person’s name and accomplishment to showcase the reliability of your product.
- If you are quoting someone, be certain to write every word correctly without any alteration and give credit to the person you are mentioning the name of.
Generally, it’s essential to use famous names thoughtfully and in a way that supports your message.
4. Start with High Prices and Then Go Down
Starting your copywriting with high prices gives value to your product. The prices are directly proportional to the value of the product. Consumer psychology works in this way. Higher prices put a stamp of higher quality.
This strategy plays with the consumer’s mind. Many consumers want to enjoy the high quality of a product without paying its true value. By presenting high prices first, the product sticks in their mind as being of the finest quality. But again, a consumer is a consumer; they might not be willing to pay the high price mentioned earlier but want to enjoy the benefits. You present the negotiation by stating the discount in your copywriting to make them realize that they are the ones in charge of the deal and are getting all the benefits of the deal.
5. Use No-Risk Offer
Agree or not, it is hard for a consumer to spend money on a product even when they need it. As mentioned, there are two kinds of consumers in the market. The people who are at the bottom of the funnel are already active in the market. They are analyzing every possible deal and urge to pick the best one.
Prepare the best deal for them by stating that it is a ‘no risk’ deal. There are several offers you can include in your writing:
- Free trial period for a software product,
- A money-back guarantee for a subscription service, or
- A satisfaction guarantee for a physical product.
This reduces the chances of consumers retracting the deal and increases the likelihood that they will make a purchase again.
Kosch's Marketing at Your Service:
Be it quick growth or long-term brand growth, Kosch’s Marketing, with its expertise, helps you to bring your top-of-the-funnel consumers to the bottom of the funnel with full transparency and trust.